- Signal Input (Analog) - Works with common reset or resistor
feedback preamps of either polarity.
Impedance: 10k Ohms, or 1k Ohms - jumper selectable
Attenuation: 1:4, or 1:1- jumper selectable
Voltage Range: +/-10.0 V, or +/-40.0 V- jumper selectable
- Inputs (Digital)
Gate Input: TTL logic input for externally timed data collection.
Suppresses collection on active LO.
Sync Input: (Special Order) TTL logic input to control time
resolved data collection, including scanning and "phase locked
HV Inhibit: TTL logic input. BNC connector, jumper set active
HI or LO.
USB: Universal Serial Bus 2.0
OEM: Auxiliary 25 pin programmable bidirectional I/O
connector optionally available.
- Digital Controls (Set via EPP Port)
Gain: 50X range controlled by 16 bit DAC. For use with x-rays
from 185 eV (B-Ka) to 40 keV or more and preamplifiers with gains
nominally in the 0.1 to 5.0 mV/keV range.
Shaping: Triangular/Trapezoidal. Peaking time and dwell set
independently : 0.25 - 80 microseconds in small steps. Adjustable
dwell time may be used to eliminate ballistic deficit effects.
Pileup: Set fast channel filter time, pulse detection threshold,
and fast channel pileup inspection test limits to achieve best results
in each situation.
Spectrum: High/Low limits, bin widths.
- Data Outputs (via EPP Port)
Spectrum Size: 1024-8192 channels standard, more with optional
Other: Collection livetime; Total counts; pileup rejected counts;
- Control Outputs (TTL via OEM Port)
Sends or receives TTL control signals via optional OEM connector,
to create flexible custom interfaces to external instruments or industrial
equipment. Lets custom DSP codes integrate the DXP Saturn into dedicated
- Power Outputs
Detector Supply: High Voltage +/- 1000 V, SHV connector, push-button
on/off, front panel adjust, 10 sec. on/off ramp standard . Other options
Preamp Supply: standard preamp power voltages +/- 24V and +/- 12V,
each to 100 mA.
- Power Requirements:
DC Voltages: +5V Digital@250mA; +5V Analog@250mA; -5V Analog@100mA;
Line Voltage Requirements (w/ power supply option):
110 V at 0.2 A 50/60Hz or 220 V at 0.1 A 50/60Hz, specify at time
- Dimensions: 8.6" W x 7.0" D x 3.8" H.
- Weight: net: 5.0 lbs., shipping: 8.0 lbs.
- Manual: Hardware and software manuals provided with each
- Software: The DXP Saturn comes with downloadable files for
its internal digital signal processing electronics. Host control software
and special purpose control software can also be obtained from XIA.
- Resolution: comparable to best analog units. See recent
- Count Rate: =1,000,000 cps ICR, > 500,000 cps
- Throughput: Typically about twice analog systems. OCR approach
theoretical maximum given by:
OCR = ICR*exp(-ICR*td), where deadtime td is 2X peaking time + dwell
- Livetime/Deadtime Correction: typically less than 1% change
in area of Mn-Ka reference peak at 10 kcps in the presence of interfering
Ag-Ka at 50 kcps for a 4 microseconds peaking time.
- Integral Non-linearity: = 0.1% of full scale output.
- Pileup Inspection: Pulse-pair resolution typically better than
200 ns after tuning to optimize perform-ance on an application specific
- Deadtime Correction: Accurate Input Count Rate (ICR) and Live
Time outputs allow area of reference peak to be corrected to better
than ± 0.5% accuracy from 0 to 120,000 cps at 4 microseconds
- Temperature Range: 0° C - 50° C
- Gain stability with temperature: = 120 ppm/° C.
Note: The following quantities are from a particular
detector (an Ortec Iglet-x) and may vary some-what for other detectors
- Count rate precision: 0.1%, or limited by statistics
- Peak stability with rate: 0.05% up to highest ICR.
- Integral Nonlinearity of Energy: = 0.1% of full scale.