The DXP family of instruments combine computer-controlled
analog and digital noise reduction, efficient pulse pileup inspection
and precision multi-channel analysis to produce very high quality
pulse-height spectra from preamplified solid-state x-ray and gamma-ray
detector signals. With a patented architecture utilizing state
of the art analog and digital electronic devices, the DXP sets
the standard for x-ray and gamma-ray
- Compact replacement for shaping amplifier and MCA, with programmable
peaking times ranging 125ns-80 microseconds, 40dB precision
gain adjustment and 8K, 24-bit deep MCA bins!
- Zero dead-time mapping modes: full spectrum, SCA and list-mode (XMAP and Mercury modules).
- Optimal energy resolution with most x-ray detectors, with
light element support for HPGe
and Silicon Drift Detectors.
- Maximum throughput greater than 1Mcps per channel
- User directed data inspection criteria.
- Accurate ICR and live-time reporting for precise dead-time
- Real multi-channel analysis, allowing for optimal use of data
to separate fluorescence signal from backgrounds.
- External timing signals allow time-resolved data acquisition
for XAFS and X-ray Mapping applications.
- High data transfer rates for scanning applications.
The XIA Digital X-ray Processor uses proprietary architecture that is available in a growing list of
implementations, including both ready-to-use instruments, and modular
and semi-custom circuit boards suited to fit within larger instrumentation
The FalconX family are radically new digital signal processors that employs the patented SiTORO®
algorithms to achieve unprecedented throughput at high count rates, with applications in high-rate synchrotron X-ray analysis and high-rate XRF.
is a PXI (Extended CompactPCI) module comprising 4 independent
DXP channels with an improved architecture for time-resolved and
mapping data acquisition modes. Combine modules to build a scalable
multi-element detector instrumentation system. PXI crates and
power supplies are sold separately.
The single-channel Mercury and four-channel
Mercury-4 feature the latest mapping functions, a flexible auxiliary
port for real-time digital I/O, and a high-speed USB 2.0 interface.
microDXP is a low-power processor allowing for very compact assemblies and extended battery life.
Further online information:
- The DXP software
page contains description of the host applications and drivers
available from XIA.
- The applications page can help potential customers find the right DXP product for their application.
- The support
page describes common problems and solutions