The USB / RS-232 development kit enables rapid design of systems incorporating the microDXP and microDGF cards. The kit includes the microComU interface circuit board that routes power and communications signals to the microDXP or microDGF. The compact microComU is designed for both development and OEM implementation.
The included ProSpect software supports microDXP/microDGF configuration, diagnostic functions and spectrum acquisition. With the kit, customers can immediately evaluate standard functions of the microDXP/microDGF and rapidly build their own prototype spectroscopy systems. The development kit does not include a microDXP or microDGF card.
All customers should purchase a development kit with their first microDXP or microDGF order. The cost of the development kit includes the standard technical support package. The kit hardware does provide access to the auxiliary I/O, though for more demanding applications additional hardware will be required. Such non-standard development efforts will also require customized firmware and thus extended XIA support.
Please contact the XIA team at email@example.com to discuss your application today!
Development Kit Details
The development kit includes the new microComU interface circuit board and all necessary cables. The kit does not include the microDXP (or microDGF) itself.
- microComU hardware interface printed circuit board
- 6″ analog input cable adapter
- 6′ mini-USB to USB-A cable
- Wire-harness for RS-232
- microDXP Development Kit Manual
- microDXP Technical Reference Manual
- ProSpect configuration and data acquisition software
- microDXP RS-232 Communications Specification
Power can be supplied either via USB or via the DC input connector.
Power must be supplied to the DC input connector, provided either by the included AC wall adapter or the customer’s +5V supply.
The microComU interface board provides power and standardized connections to the microDXP/DGF
The MicroComU board is designed to facilitate the adoption and use of the MicroDXP and microDGF. To this end, the MicroComU includes various features to support and extend the functionality of the MicroDXP/DGF board. The MicroComU is designed to mate to a MicroDXP/DGF and be used as a set. The MicroComU may be used as part of a development kit to aid customers doing custom designs by providing an example of how to interface to the MicroDXP/DGF. Alternatively, the MicroComU may also be used as a companion board, where customers would simply order a MicroComU for every MicroDXP/DGF.
- Provides a standard USB port connection to the microDXP and microDGF
- Generates and routes all necessary DC supply voltages from a single +5V input (via either USB or input power connector)
- Includes LED indicators (Error, I/O, RunActive, etc.)
- Provides access to the I2C bus
- Provides access to the microDXP/DGF GATE input
- Provides access to the auxiliary digital I/O lines