Oakland, CA USA – Fulltime Position
We are in search of an energetic and dynamic Hardware Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be part of a talented group working closely with scientists, production, and our business organization to design and develop Digital Pulse Processors (DPPs): precision electronics with low noise analog front ends, FPGA/SOC-based digital back ends, and a variety of host interfaces.
- Design and implementation of PCBA designs (Altium Designer experience a plus).
- Design and implementation of FPGA designs (Xilinx toolset a plus).
- Current knowledge of design trends (SoC, ASIC, low-power, etc. experience a plus).
- Close collaboration with production including design-for-manufacture, and design-for-test.
- Support project management with analysis of customer inquiries, existing instrumentation, and development of solutions for customers.
- BA/BS (or MA/MS) or equivalent.
- Technical background in electronic engineering, or comparable technician training.
- Prior experience with the design/implementation of (modular) PCBA and FPGA designs.
- Professional experience with Altium Designer/Xilinx toolset, or comparable software systems.
- Great organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills – clear and concise communicator.
- Ability to quickly pick up new concepts, and dive into a problem with a solutions-oriented,
Benefits of Working at XIA
XIA offers a competitive salary with the rest of the Bay area. We know that good help doesn’t come cheap.
We’ve found that our workers are happier when they’re healthy. We’re proud to offer health care coverage.
XIA believes in rewarding the workers that make us who we are. We pass a portion of our profits to our employees.
Employees can participate in our equity ownership program. Let your voice be heard with company policy.
We don’t worry too much about the whole 9-5 routine. Life happens, we’re happy to help you work around it.
We offer 5 holidays a year, plus flexible paid time off. You get to choose the holidays you take off.